Friday, July 23, 2010

Setting goals and being inspired

Today is my first day of my summer "short" vacation. I am a bit sad because a friend of mine is getting married today in California, and I took the time off so that I could go. Alas, finances are short so I wasn't able to attend. But, I am still taking the time off for me, because I desperately need it.

Today, I had a fabulous hour of cardio at the gym. I did a little over 30 minutes on the elliptical and then 30 minutes on the stationary bike. I tried out the normal (sit up bike with the seat so small.....need I say more?). It hurt my Gluteus Maximus so badly I had to do the stationary. I guess my pelvis still needs a lot of work at the chiropractor before I can try out a spinning class. Ugh!!!

Anyway, I came home and decided I needed to set some goals. I know that healthy weight loss takes time, and a good weight loss is between 1.5 to 2 lbs per week. So, I took out my handy dandy purse calendar and set goals for myself each Friday. By December 31st, if I stay on plan then I should have lost 47.5 lbs. ;-) Wouldn't that be exciting? My journey is long, but that's OK. I want to get it off and keep it off--the right way.
I am going to start setting goals for each week as well. I want to maintain a 3-5 workout per week, and step it up a notch like I did today. It's more likely to look like a 4-5 workout week if I maintain good resistance training. I will add in daily goals of calorie maintenance a long with homework assigned by my chiropractor. I have to use this weird neck stretching contraption that we in my house like to call the "torture device". I will post picture a bit later. Right now I can't find the cable to connect to the computer.

On another note: I am going to start painting another picture. I really want to paint a picture for my room. My walls are completely bare and I have lived in this house for almost 2 years now. NOT ACCEPTABLE. ;-) I might paint some kind of floral pattern. I might even paint a prophetic picture that I have had in my head since being in YWAM. We will see. More to come on that.

Have a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment