Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Another Day....

So, today is Wednesday, and I have been thinking a lot about where I am and how I have been doing. Unfortunately, as far as the eating and exercise go, I haven't been doing as good as I would like.

I have been thinking about everything that I have been going through in the past 2 weeks, and it is a bit overwhelming. To start off, I was doing great with my eating--counting my calories, focusing on the food pyramid, etc. I also started focusing on my water intake--drinking 60-100 ounces of water a day and taking daily vitamins every day. On top of that exercising 3-5 times a week. Oh, I guess that's not all. ;-) I started going to the chiropractor last week, and now have to do that 3 times a week, as well as use this weird neck stretching contraption every day that I am not in the Chiro's office. Goodness!!!!!

Have you ever felt so overwhelmed when you try and do everything at once? They are all certainly very important. I cannot live my life without any one of those things I just listed. But here is the deal. I got overwhelmed, stressed out, exhausted. I kept up the practice with good water intake (with the exception on last weekend) and taking my vitamins daily. I go to the Chiro. when I have to and get messages every week (which are quite painful but necessary).

Tomorrow is going to be my "Friday" since I am taking 4 days off, so I decided to weigh myself on Thursday. I am going to be intentional and write down my "new weight" in a little book. I am going to consider it the start of my weight loss journey. I know it's really not the start, but in regards to keeping things on paper, it will be. I know I will fail, but I know I will pick myself again too. That's ok. With everything I have been reading and watching from peoples blog posts, to magazines and watching Losing it with Jillian, I know it's a journey. It is a mindset change. It is learning to live and start loving myself and becoming comfortable in my own skin. I am tired of being stressed out over losing weight. How is that going to help me get the pounds off? From what I hear, stress is a BIG factor in weight gain and I certainly cannot afford to have that be a factor in my life. So here goes. I can't expect perfection since I am trying to change MY ENTIRE LIFE all at once. Literally. But, in time I will see progress.

Have you ever watched Losing it with Jillian? Man o’ Man is that show good! I want to cry every time I watch it. It motivates me, and show’s me where I would be at if I didn’t take charge of my life. With God’s divine intervention, and the skills that He has given me to survive, I will master this and be successful.

On another note: My dad was admitted into the hospital yesterday evening for a possible heart attack. They thankfully ruled out heart attack, but he has been experiencing dizziness, tunnel vision, nausea, sweats and very very low blood pressure for the last 3 weeks. Of course it got so bad that finally he went to the Dr. Yesterday and they sent him to the emergency room.

This makes me so sad. I have watched my dad, my entire life, be stressed out and overly anxious about everything. I have had to live with a father who didn't know how to handle things properly and apparently still does not. Now, it's taking a toll on his body. I on the other hand notice that I do much of the same thing. I am a worrier, stressed out and highly anxious. I can't stand it and totally do not want to end up in the same place where he is right now. I see all of these issues show up in my body in regards to: High blood pressure, pre-diabetic, acid reflux etc. You name it!!!

So, here is to a new start tomorrow. I plan on doing everything I can to do a good job and try try try to not let myself get overwhelmed and stressed out. I will be victorious in Jesus’ name! Amen!

3 comments:

  1. I think its good that you are able to talk things out and see it in writing,,, Ive said it before and I'll say it again,,, a just man falls 7 times, and 7 times he gets back up and keeps going... I believe in you Annjeri! I am excited to be a viewer of your journey....
    Love you woman!
    CINDIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.. I am down 25 lbs since mid april. I haven't done that by changing all at one. It has been small changes and I still need to make more. Exercise has been my easiest goal to make and keep. I go to the Y at least three times a week and work out for at least two hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, blogging is good because it makes you accountable to yourself. It is a process. I have not lost any weight for weeks. I dont get it. But Im not giving up. We can do this.

    ReplyDelete