Friday, July 9, 2010

New week starting

Today is July 9th, 2010. I weighed myself this morning and I lost another 2 pounds. Yipppeeee!!! ;-) The last time I weighed in was July 2nd and I was about 5.5 lbs down then. So, I have lost a total of about 7.5 lbs. So exited!!!

Now, here is the hard part. On the 4th of July weekend, I broke down and ate a very large brot and other things filled with high calories. Including chips and dip, chips and dip, chips and dip and did I mention chips and dip? Ugh!!! This is why I should not allow dip in my house. I will consume it!!! YIKES! I think that if I had not eaten all of that, I would have lost more weight than I did.

So another lesson learned. I am choosing to not allow myself to remain where I have fallen. I choose to pick myself up and continue on. I have good day's and bad day's. In other words, today is probably not a good day eating wise. I forgot my lunch and my breakfast, so what do I have? Bagels and cream cheese. Oh well. But I plan on doing better tonight and the rest of the week.

On another note, I have been experiencing a ton of pain for years in my back. It just seems to get worse as I get older. I have fallen 3 too many times, as well as having car accident injuries and sports injuries from high school. Some co-workers of mine told me about a Chiropractor's office that takes our insurance that not only does adjustments, but they do full body messages on top of that. Yesterday I went to check it out. They are absolutely fabulous--well as far as who they are and what they are all about anyway. They really seek to educate their clients on health and wellness for thier bones, muscles and nervous system. I was told that there are numerous nerves that are from your spine that connect with other tissues in your body and if a nerve is pinched, then things like the thyroid, digestion system, etc. may not be working properly. On Monday I go for my first adjustment and then Tuesday I have a follow-up and then my first message. I am so excited. I feel that this could help me with my weight loss plan because with time I will feel better, stronger and much more motivated to do different physical activities that I can only dream about doing right now.

So hears to a new week. Tomorrow (Saturday) my roommates and I are going to Eliches. That will be another day where it will be hard to actually count all of my calories but I can still choose to eat healthy, and watch my portions. Oh, and try and drink as much water as possible. On Sunday, I plan on getting back on the Calorie counting train.

By the way, this feels really good writing this all out and being held accountable not only to myself, but to you all who read my blog. I know that God wants me to be honest with where I am at and not hide. So, here is to being transparent on where I am at today. Happy eating everyone!!!! ;-0

2 comments:

  1. great job on the 7lbs lost anj! You'll have to keep us posted on the chiropractor thing,, oh and that massage... I use to trade a lady my hair services for her massage services,,,, HOLY AMAZING!!! You will love it!
    cindie

    ReplyDelete