Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thursday August 26th

So, today for the most part has been a good day. My new lifestyle plan (Crack the Fat loss Code) has been on my mind a lot. I am still working through the book and have realized that other than reading it to educate myself; I am trying hard to understand the concept of it all.

I told you I would write about each cycle in detail as I go through them, and I will, but here is what I know so far.

The first week is considered the Carb-Deplete week in which obviously I cannot have bread, rice, sugar, pasta, etc. That is OK since it really is only for 7 days.

It's the other weeks that confuse me. The next 3 weeks after that are called "Macro-Patterning Cycle" in which you begin to add starches (Carbs) back into the diet but at a limited level. You have day's where you Carb-Up and others where you Carb-Down. This apparently is to restructure the body's memory on how to utilize the foods appropriately and burn what is need but not store unwanted excess. The way they structure each day is also confusing, but I am hoping that by the time I get to week #2 I will have a bit more understanding. I am probably making it more complicated than it should be. No surprise there!

Also, the terminology that they use in this book is slightly over my head (hello, I am not a scientist here) such as "Perceived Efficiency Rate (PER) or Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) etc. Sheesh, can we speak English not Science?

Anyway, I feel like I just need to read the book through, stop nitpicking on the details and then go back and figure out how things work. I know that my friend Valerie who also lives by this plan could help me, so that makes me feel better. ;-)

On another note: I said earlier that I was having a pretty good day, and I am however lunch came and I was super hungry. They had a taco/salad/nacho bar today to fundraise for one of our programs here at work. I decided to buy my lunch and get nacho's instead of a salad (probably this was a bad idea). I began eating (which the meat was a bit salty) and right in the middle of eating it I became emotional. WHAT THE HECK!!!! I still feel emotional. I am wondering if some of it is due to my blood sugar dropping or feeling guilty for eating nachos. Who knows, but all I can say is I hate it when that happens. Ugh!

You’d think I would learn my lesson every time to not wait too long to eat. I did it this morning for breakfast as well. I stall on eating then pay for it much later, then when I decide to eat something heavy and not completely nutritious it throws me off. HELLO. Earth to Annjeri. This is not a game, it's serious.

Anyway, the issues I am having today are some of the exact reasons I want to re-structure my eating habits. I want consistency, I want energy and I hate being overweight. This plan encourages eating 4-6 small meals a day which I know if I can stick to it, my blood sugar issues will not be an issue.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds interesting and complicated all at the same time. Go for it full force. See if it works for you. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are starting the plan. It sounds complicated but its not really if you don't focus on the terminology. The book is just explaining why your body needs to go through those cycles. First you get rid of all the junk your body is addicted to. Then you slowly add the right things back in. Then you teach your body that's it ok to have 2 days a week to eat somewhat freely and not gain. The last thing you want is to work so hard to lose weight and then gain it back when the holidays roll around. You won't if you teach your body the right balance. The carb deplete is a hard cycle, I have a problem with so many animal products. Anyway, I know you can do it! Call me if you need help! Luv Ya, V

    ReplyDelete
  3. In a sense going through this plan for you is like a spiritual fast. You are going to see crazy emotions spring forth and that is normal as you take on a new lifestyle. Just expect that it's going to be hard and uncomfortable but its worth it and you will be so proud of yourself! Allow God to guide you just as you would if you were fasting! You can do it!! Luv Ya, V

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Val,
    I really appreciate your help in this. Love ya back. ;-)

    ReplyDelete