Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Crack the Fat-Loss Code planning

Hello yall,
For those of you who are aware of my prior posts regarding weight loss--well I am back at it again. I think I mentioned this before, but will mention it again.

A friend of mine referred me to a book called "Crack the Fat-Loss Code" by Wendy Chant. (Thanks Valerie for the referral) ;-)

Anyway, I have been reading (slowly--bit by bit) this book that has a totally new concept of losing weight. It's all about changing your body so that it burns fat verses carbs. So to start this (I haven't decided which day to begin yet)I will be doing week #1 of this new lifestyle. It's called the "Carb Deplete" week. There are no allowances for goof-ups during this week. I cannot go over 20 grams of what they call "Active Carbs". Take Grams of Carbs - Grams of fiber = Active Carbs. Interesting eh?

Basically during this Week 1 phase, you eat less carbs but more lean protein and veggies. Not all veggies are allowed, but I do have to say that most of the food items listed for carb depletion are items that I eat on a pretty regular basis. So, this is cool right? I can do this!!!! I will probably even count my calories during this time to see how well I am maintaining in the "healthy" zone. Not that I will be eating unhealthily but I also don't want to starve myself.

So, this new lifestyle plan is an 8 week, get my body back into gear BLAST OFF. I haven't read the entire book yet to know what it all looks like, but it makes sense. I will try and blog either every day or several times a week with how the plan is going--I of course will also add any fun things I am doing as well just to keep things interesting. ;-)

For each new week of the plan, my intent is to talk about each stage, what I am eating and how I am doing (Physically and emotionally). Should be interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to hearing about it. This is yours! In a year from now you will look back and see the huge changes you have made. I believe in you lady and I love you forever!
    Cindie

    ReplyDelete