On the day to day process of learning how to eat and also learning how to shed those extra pounds, here are some pointers I think are helpful...
1. Gum- Chew a couple of sugar-free sticks of gum a day can raise your metabolism.
2. Coffee- 1 or 2 cups of coffee can speed up your heartrate almost like a mini workout.
3. Dark Leafy Greens- Kale, Spinach and Swiss Chard boost metabolism by keeping insulin levels steady.
4. Green Tea- By drinking 4-5 cups a day can help you burn up to 100 extra calories.
5. Cinnamon- 1 to 2tbps a day can help you burn gluclose up to 20 times faster.
6. Spicy foods- Eating peppers, hot sauces and salsas can decrease the concentration of fat in your liver.
Water- Why is it important?According to mayoclinic.com, "Lack of water can lead to dehydration, a condition that occurs when you don't have enough water in your body to carry out normal functions. Even mild dehydration can drain your energy and make you tired. Water is your body's principal chemical component and makes up about 60 percent of your body weight. Every system in your body depends on water. For example, water flushes toxins out of vital organs, carries nutrients to your cells and provides a moist environment for ear, nose and throat tissues."
Lack of water can lead to dehydration, a condition that occurs when you don't have enough water in your body to carry out normal functions. Even mild dehydration can drain your energy and make you tired.
How much water do you need?"Every day you lose water through your breath, perspiration, urine and bowel movements. For your body to function properly, you must replenish its water supply by consuming beverages and foods that contain water."
Dietary recommendations--"The Institute of Medicine advises that men consume roughly 3 liters (about 13 cups) of total beverages a day and women consume 2.2 liters (about 9 cups) of total beverages a day."