Monday, June 7, 2010

Obedience

Today, as I was listening to the Dave Ramsey show I got to thinking about obedience. I cannot even tell you how beneficial it is to live life in obedience according to how God has asked us to live. Obedience comes in many forms, it just depends on each person and their purpose according to Gods instructions.

But he who looks carefully into the faultless law, the [law] of liberty, and is faithful to it and perseveres in looking into it, being not a heedless listener who forgets but an active doer [who obeys], he shall be blessed in his doing (his life of obedience). James 1: 25 (From the Amplifed Bible)

It puts a smile on my face when I realize that because of my obedience, God blesses me in different ways. For example, being obedient in sticking to my budget, I was able to pay off my student loans last month. Then today, I was able to pay my car tags in full without worrying if I had to save up for the payment.

I fall a lot, but then I pick myself up and get back on the budget. I know that if I stick to it long enough, the times that I do fall it won't hurt as much and I won't have to spend as much time trying to fix the mess when I did fall.

The other way I can be obedient is in my diet. You probably read in my last post about my health issues regarding allergies to certain foods. Well, this month I am going to concentrate on not only my budget, but also to what I eat, and make sure that I excersize more. I am so excited to see the results on these things.
More to come.......

No comments:

Post a Comment