Monday, February 28, 2011

Pioneer Woman and the Tattered Cover

A few weeks ago I went to Denver with my great friends Matthew and Mellisa. I wish you all could meet them because they are super cool. ;-) Anyway, Mellisa and I follow this blog from the Pioneer Woman. Other wise known as Ree Drummond or "P-Dub" as she so lovingly calls herself. She's just like you and I really.

She's a mom....

She home schools her kids...

She's funny...

She's Down-to-Earth....

She's a great cook--thus the cookbook.....

She's shy...

She's a city girl-but lives on a farm...

Her family raises cattle....

And walks in mud...

And walks in manure....

And blogs...

She's great, you should go check her out here...
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/

Anyway, back to my story. Sorry for the tangent. ;-)

So, we went to the Tattered Cover in Denver. It's this cute bookstore on a corner street near 16th Street Mall. We got there around 1:30pm and were finally done around 6pm-ish.

Here is my Pioneer Woman Cookbook


Melissa, Matt and I were numbers 324, 325 and 326. Let the waiting begin.


Here is Melissa and I waiting for our turn and posing with our books ready to be signed.


And waiting some more....on the floor. Can you see my pink socks? They are Betty Boop heart socks in honor of Valentines Day. I know, I'm a dork. ;-)


I think my bum was going to sleep....


Matt and Melissa being goofy.



And I finally got to meet her. She is so sweet. Did you notice how beautiful her hair was after 5 or more hours of handshakes and questioning? Amazing!


Awestruck. Cannot believe we have our books signed. We are just giddy with excitement. I was so nervous my hands were sweating. You know what I said to her? All I could think of to say was "Are you tired yet?" Ugh! I wanted to say so much more but couldn't get it out. LOL!


And here is the signed book. I will have you know that that book is not on a bookshelf, not in a cupboard but grandly displayed in our dining room where all can see it. I was not about to hide that thing away after such a great experience to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment