Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy Presidents Day

Today, I am very thankful to have the day off. Life has been full and unfortunately not a whole lot of time to catch up on the things I have been wanting/needing to do.

So, what is one the agenda? Cooking, painting, watching movies...oh and laundry. ;-)

To ensure that I am eating a well rounded/healthy meal every day this week, I am making the following:

1: Spaghetti squash- I cut the squash in half then scraped out all of the seeds. Then I rubbed EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) and sprinkled dried Thyme and Rosemary. The house smells fantastic right now! I cook it at 400 degrees until it is fork tender and the fibers can be easily pulled through.
2. Roasted Asparagus- Snap the veggie into pieces and roast with some EVOO for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees until just tender.

Later, I will cook some chicken and then combine the veggies with chicken and it will be a tasty meal.

This morning I also made some lean Turkey sausage for a protein snack or with eggs in the mornings.

This afternoon I am going to try my hand at making Humus. I have never done this myself before so I really hope I can make it creamy like the stores do.

Anyway, I am having a great day. I watched some T.V shows this morning and am now making coffee. Awwwweee....Bliss. ;-)

In other news I am still working on my new canvas painting. I am loving the results so far and cannot wait to hang it in my bedroom. It has been a dream of mine for a long time to be able to create my own artwork for my house. Even though sometimes it can be more expensive (Acrylics and stretch boards do not always come cheap) it is still so satisfying when I am done.

So, happy President's Day everyone. If you are off or working, I hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment