Monday, February 7, 2011

Bon Appetite-Part 1--Iron Chef

So, there are 3 events that I am covering today, but I will do them in installments.

Event #1: Girls Pampered Chef night.
Here is how we do it. Everyone agrees on a main ingredient, and then brings all of their items to make the dish at one location. No one knows what the other person is going to make, so it's a great surprise when we all start cooking together. This last one was a couple weekends ago and the main ingredient was peanuts.

Here is the chicken I made for my Orange-Honeyed Peanut Chicken dish over rice


Here is me using my brand new zester. I am zesting the orange for my sauce.


Here is me scooping out the Jasmine Rice for my dish.



I added Honey, Orange Juice Concentrate, and Green Onions to my sauce. When all was said and done, I added orange slices on top of the chicken and placed it over a bed of jasmine rice.

My friend Patty cooking up her scallops. Yup, you would never believe how delicious scallops can be with peanuts. YUM!


The finished scallops made with a cherry-orange juice reduction. Peanuts were laid on top.


My roommate Monika cooking up her stir-fried green beans with a Thai peanut sauce. YUM!


The finished stir fried green beans. They were divine!


My friend Michele cooking up her Pioneer Women's chicken wraps with chopped peanut's on top. They were absolutely delicious.


The meat for the wraps cooking.


My roommate Gennae whipping up our desert. Peanut Butter and Banana milk shakes with Vanilla icecream and chunks of dark chocolate. DELISH!


Serving them up.


So there you go. This was our Iron Chef second edition. We plan on doing more of these in the future and they are absolutely fun. You should try it sometime. It is a great way to get to know people and it brings on creativity and laughter.

Bon Appetite! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment