Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sunshinny Inspiration


Have you ever thought about how often you might take for granted those wonderful sunny day's? Has it ever occurred to you how often you feel drum and are just yearning for a pick me up? Now, I am not talking about the pick-me-up in the form of a soda or coffee or dare I mention chocolate??? No, I am talking about how a true, glorious, sun shinny day can truly change a persons mood, or an outlook on life.

Today, as I was driving home from work on the freeway, I was getting a bit irritated with how many cars were out there at 3:30 in the afternoon. Now come on people! Why do you feel the need to be going home at the same time as me???? Seriously! As I was thinking this, something occurred to me. Oh my gosh, it's sunny today. How GLORIOUS! How beautiful is this!? As I started recognizing the fact that my spirits started to lift, I did not want the traffic issues to bother me anymore, I just wanted to enjoy it.

As this whole rotation of my mood started, I also began to feel inspired. Go figure! It's like "Hello Annjeri, welcome to the WORLD OF THE LIVING!!". I started picturing a ballet dancer doing a full rotation, with the sun playing with the colors on her dress. In this "day dream" the dancer was so peaceful, moving with such grace. I wanted to be there to capture it all. Then the let down happened and I realized I have to pay attention to my driving. Sheesh.

But, now that I am safely home (which I am sure that my mom will greatly appreciate-smile) I can now really let what just happened sink in. I really do hate the fact that as we are in the middle of winter and spring is about to hit us; how often do we sit around and not realize that just a bit of sun can really brighten a persons day? So to all of my readers, go enjoy a bit of sunshine and see what it can do for your day! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment